Boracay, Aklan–On February 12, a group of four people was apprehended at Hennan Garden Resort. The next day, a group of three people who were staying at the Henann Lagoon Resort, and another one at the Discovery Shores Boracay, were also caught.
A validation team in Boracay recently confirmed that the eight tourists had submitted fake swab test results.
Aklan Provincial Administrator Atty. Selwyn Ibarreta said in a phone interview Monday evening that the eight were already apprehended and were brought to a hotel to undergo mandatory quarantine. Those who were caught will have to shoulder the accommodation costs for their quarantine.
"Magastos ang pagkuha sa kanila. Naka speedboat pa, pero yung hotel where they will be quarantined, they will have to shoulder that." Ibarreta added in an interview by Ms. Carla Doromal of CNN Philippines.
[Translation: It was expensive to get them, as we still had to ride a speedboat. But the costs for quarantine, they will have to shoulder that.]
Authorities confirmed that the fake documents submitted used the name of St. Luke's Medical Center. Six tourists were also caught faking swab test results to enter Boracay, Last month. The Department of Tourism said they filed a case against them for falsification of public documents.
According to the tourism department, there have been a total of 11, 898 visitors on the island this January alone. With an average of 300 to 400 tourists a day.