The Boracay Inter-Agency Task Force (BIATF) did not hesitate to demolish the part of a resort that had built a structure in the non-buildable zone in Boracay.
BIATF manager Natividad Bernardino confirmed that they indeed carried out demolition in Manocmanoc, particularly the Monaco Suites de Boracay, last Tuesday.
Bernardino even stated that the said resort didn't permit the BIATF to enter their gates. So, the BIATF had to go through the hotel's neighbor to continue with the demolition.
“I was there, dala namin ang demolition orders, dala naming lahat ng papel and they were truly notified na, ilang beses na,” she said.
(I was there, we brought the demolition orders and all the necessary papers, and they were truly notified several times.)
She also added that they've already ordered the resort to demolish the infrastructure voluntarily, but the owner just continually ignored it.
“This has been going on for 3 years now, binigyan na namin ng sapat na palugit. We were already in talks with the owners na pumayag na sila na they were going to do demolition by themselves noong August pa, August ano na ngayon?”
(This has been going on for three years now; we have given them an ample extension. We were already in talks with the owners, and they had already agreed that they were going to do demolition by themselves in August. August, they said, what date is it now?)
Only ten commercial establishments remain non-compliant on the BIATF's list, and most of them are already conducting their own demolition except Monaco.
“Yung listahan natin na natitira nalang na non-compliance 10 nalang na commercial estabs, karamihan doon sa 10 na yon, on going na yung demolition, ibig sabihin they are trying to comply with the regulation. Itong Monaco hindi gumagalaw,” she said.
(In our list of non-compliance, only ten commercial establishments remain. And most of those ten, their demolition are ongoing, this means that they're trying to comply with the regulation. Only Monaco didn't take any action.)
The BIATF aims to reach 100% compliance before President Rodrigo Duterte's term ends in June 2022.