The local government of Malay now permits Boracay tourists to make side trips in Mainland Malay even without the negative RT-PCR test results. They have also released the updated requirements for tourists going to Boracay.
According to Executive Order No 01-B, Series of 2022, signed by Acting Mayor Frolibar Bautista, as long as travelers answer the online health declaration form and have proof of their vaccination, they can make side trips to Mainland Malay.
Meanwhile, last February 19, the LGU Malay updated its requirements for travelers planning to go to Boracay Island.
- Answer the OHDC form through touristboracay.com. under Boracay, then secure your QR Code.
- Booking Confirmation from a DOT Accredited Hotel/Resort with a Certificate of Authority to Operate
- Valid ID or Passport for foreigners/OFWs/OFs
- Roundtrip travel details
- Proof of vaccination
* Vaxcert PH Certification (get this from https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph/)
* Vaccination Card with Vaccination certificate from Vaccination Center with Contact Details
* WHO International Certificates of Vaccination and Prophylaxis/Vaccination Card or Vaccination Certificate issued abroad for foreign tourists
* Negative RT-PCR test result (swab or saliva) with 72 hours validity for Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated tourists.
Meanwhile, if travelers are traveling with children aged below 12, parents or guardians must accomplish the Certificate of Undertaking Traveling with Minors template at https://aklan.gov.ph.
Boracay Island's beauty never fades; no wonder it is still among the favorite tourist destinations of both foreign and domestic travelers. Just recently, the Malay Tourism Office data showed that from February 1 to 20, more than 47,900 tourists visited the famous Island, and more are expected to come.