Due to the presence of the Omicron variant, the local government of Aklan mended the protocols for travelers going to Boracay Island and Aklan.
According to Executive Order No. 001, Series of 2022, tourists planning to go to Boracay or Aklan are once again required to present a negative RT-PCR test starting Jan 9, 2022.
Governor Florencio Miraflores issued the executive order on Wednesday, Jan 5.
As the Covid-19 cases in the Philippines continue to rise, especially in the National Capital Region (NCR), the government of Aklan decided to require the negative RT-PCR test again.
Under EO No. 001, all tourists and travelers entering Aklan must secure a “Quick Response” (QR) Code via the Online Health Declaration Card (OHDC).
Boracay Tourists also need to secure:
- a negative RT-PCR test result with the date of retraction within 72 hours of travel.
- a screenshot of the OHDC confirmation page
- proof of identification as a Philippine resident
- travel details
- proof of vaccination status
- pre-booked accommodation at DOT accredited establishments
However, the negative RT-PCR test result is not required for residents of Western Visayas if they are only going to Mainland Aklan and not Boracay Island, Atty. Selwyn Ibarreta, Aklan provincial administrator, said.
Meanwhile, government and private authorized persons outside residence (APORs) need to secure a travel order/travel authority.
Ibarreta said the government still requires the vaccination card or certification for Boracay travelers since some establishments on the island would require it.
For returning Aklanons
For returning Aklanons, they must fill up the OHDC form on touristboracay.com under Aklan and attach the following;
- negative RT-PCR test result with the date of retraction within 72 hours of travel
- Notice of coordination/acceptance form municipality of the destination
- Screenshot of the OHDC confirmation
- A Philippine government-issued ID with address
- Travel details.
As a general guideline, intrazonal and interzonal travel is allowed.