The Malay Tourism office released the updated guide and requirements for all travelers visiting the famous Boracay Island.
PROCEDURE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR QUICK RESPONSE (OR) CODE FOR TOURISTS BOUND TO BORACAY ISLAND
- Access https://touristboracay.com/ and click AGREE AND PROCEED
- Read the given direction and FILL OUT THE REQUIRED FIELDS. Make sure to choose the correct visitor type (Foreign. Domestic, OFW/OF)
- Type the CAPTCHA code, then click SUBMIT. If unable to submit, please ensure that all required fields are filled up.
A confirmation page will display your QR Code and a download button. Click the Preview and Download button to download your OHDC to your device. Please SAVE or PRINT or SCREENSHOT a copy.
4. Always keep the OHDC QR Code with you. Have a printed or digital copy. The QR Code will be used in the ports of entry/exit (land, air, sea) as well as in accessing services on Boracay Island.
Tourists must prepare the following documents (hard or soft copy) and then present them to the scanning and verification counter before they're allowed to enter the Island.
- Quick Response (QR) Code from https://www.touristboracay.com/
- Proof of Identification with Philippine Residency/ Passport for Foreigners/OFWs/OFs/ Birth Certificate for infants
- Proof of Vaccination Status
- For fully vaccinated Individuals
✅ VaxCertPH COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate with full vaccination status from https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph/
✅ Locally issued Vaccination Card/ID with full vaccination status and with verifiable QR Code, with contact details of the vaccination center,or,
✅ Word Health Organization International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis or accepted and recognized national COVID-19 vaccination certificates at https://visitor.tourism.gov.ph/vaxcert/
- For Unvaccinated or Partially Vaccinated Individual or in absence of the above mentioned documents:
✅ RT-PCR Negative result Certificate ( saliva, nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal) with date of extraction within 72 hours to date of travel.
- For below 12 years old
✅ Please accomplish the Certificate of Undertaking Traveling with Minors template.
4. A copy of the confirmed hotel booking slip/voucher from a DOT Accredited Boracay Island Accommodation Establishment at https://www.facebook.com/DOTR6WesternVisayas
a. For Aklanon Tourists residing in Aklan: In the absence of booking, use the Certificate of Undertaking For Accommodation template at https://aklan.gov.ph/travel-details-template/certificate-of-undertaking-accommodation/
5. Roundtrip flight/Travel Details
a. For Aklanon residents and tourists from Western Visayas: Use the Certificate of Undertaking Form For Travel Details Template.
The Malay Tourism office reminds all travelers to keep the QR Code with them as it will be used in all ports of entry/exit (land, air, sea).
As restrictions ease in the Philippines, more travelers visit the Island. Since direct flights from South Korea resumed last month, the number of foreign tourists visiting Boracay Island has increased by 69%.
According to the Malay Tourism Office data, the month of June has the highest number of international tourists arrival, with 6,873.
On June 17 and 22, direct chartered flights from Incheon, South Korea, to Kalibo International Airport resumed, making Koreans the topped foreign tourists visiting Boracay Island, reaching 1,902.