Antique hotel and restaurant owners welcomes the decision of the Task Force to reopen the province

Antique hotel and restaurant owners welcomes the decision of the Task Force to reopen the province

A group of local hotel and restaurant owners expressed their happiness and relief as the Antique's Task Force finally approved to allow leisure travel in the province.

The Antique Association of Hotel, Resort, and Restaurant Owners (AAHRRO) Vice President for External Affairs, Neil Huele, said in an interview that they're happy that tourists can now visit.

"We are happy that the Antique Inter-Agency Task Force on Covid-19 had allowed leisure travelers from Panay Island and even from other places to already visit the province," he stated.

In Executive Order (EO) 187-A issued on Oct. 16, Governor Rhodora Cadiao allowed leisure activities in the province.

According to the EO, travelers coming from within the Western Visayas areas must be fully vaccinated. Tourists also have to present a copy of their reservations in the hotels, resorts, and restaurants that are AAHRRO members and accredited by the Department of Tourism (DOT) Regional Office 6.

And, they need to present a Safe, Swift & Smart Passage (S-Pass) at the border checkpoints.

Meanwhile, those coming from other areas will still be required to obtain a negative RT-PCR test result and an S-Pass before they can be permitted to enter the province.

Huele noted that the travel restrictions implemented since the pandemic began resulted in losses because they have no guests.

"There are around 50 AAHRRO members who are owners of the hotels, resorts, and restaurants who had been affected because of the travel restriction due to Covid-19 in the province," he said.

But, Huele said this decision of the Antique Task Force would help them recover from the economic impact of the pandemic.

(PNA)


Share Tweet Send
0 Comments
Loading...

Related Articles