Traveling has been thwarted by the pandemic, but as news of the vaccine coming in and the local tourist destinations are slowly opening-up their borders, traveling is now made possible.
Here is a quick guide on the COVID-19 travel requirements needed to travel to various tourist destinations in the Philippines.
Considered as the Summer Capital of the Philippines. Baguio might be the perfect destination for you this summer! Explore a historical urban park or take a walk at one of the oldest and most popular recreational areas at Camp John Hay. Take a sweet taste of strawberries as you hand-picked them one-by-one while basking in the rich culture the city has to offer.
- Negative RT-PCR result 72 hours before arrival
- Sign up at visita.baguio.gov.ph
- Acquire QR code after signing up at their website
- Triage procedures upon arrival
You can visit Baguio official website at https://hdf.baguio.gov.ph/ for more info
Travel back in time by visiting the historical land of Bataan. Visit the Mt. Samat National Shrine also known as the Dambana ng Kagitingan. A place marked by the people's heroism and gallantry as they defended Bataan in WWII.
- Open to domestic tourist under GCQ and MGCQ
- Secure a negative rt-PCR test result
- Secure a QR code by downloading the mobile app Get Pass
- Fill out a travel authority and
- Fill up an online health declaration form.
- Health certificate
- Valid identification
- Copy of confirmed booking reservation
Visit their Facebook page QR Team Bataan Get Pass for more info
Home to the well-known Taal Volcano, Batangas is a relief for travelers wanting a break from the crowded city of Metro Manila. The various flora and fauna of the Batangas give wonder and awe to the tourists visiting. Delve deep and explore the enchanting coral reefs coloring the vast ocean. Batangas is also a haven for various endangered animals like the flying fox and civet cats.
- Residents and domestic tourist aged 15-65 years old
- Negative rt-PCR test results within 48 hours before arrival
- Reservation and booking must be pre-booked via cashless modes of payment only
- Guest must fill up both health declaration and contact tracing forms
- For those participating in a diving activity, you must bring your gear and a defog solution for a mask.
Site see the infamous Chocolate Hills! As far as the eyes could travel, tons of chocolate like hills on the vast horizon. This eco-centered place takes the preservation of wildlife to the next level! Try and spot the smallest primate in the world, the tarsier! You can also drive through the man-made forest and take a picture of the beauty held in the palms of Bohol.
- Negative swab or saliva rt-PCR test 72 hours before their date of travel
- Acquire a QR code by register at tourism.bohol.gov.ph
- Download the TRAZE app for contact tracing
- Book with DOT-accredited tour operators only
- Confirmed hotel booking in Panglao and Dauis
It is not a secret anymore that Boracay is a gorgeous island beach. Even more so now as it moves towards better and sustainable tourism by rehabilitating the world-class island. As it opens it doors once more to tourist, take a deep breath and enjoy the beauty Boracay has to offer now. Crystal clear waters? Check! Powder white sand beach? Check! Peace and Quiet? Definitely!
- Negative RT-PCR result 72 hours before the date of arrival
- Answer the health declaration for online at aklan.gov.ph
- Acquire a QR code after answering the Health Declaration Form
- Pre-book accredited Boracay Hotels or Resort
- round-trip plane tickets via MPH (Godofredo Ramos Boracay Airport/Caticlan Airport)
Check out our article on "Going to Boracay (2021)? What you need to Know, Travel Requirements, What to expect + Rules & Guidelines" or you can visit Aklan official website at https://aklan.gov.ph/guide-for-tourists/
There are tons of things you need to explore in the oldest city of the Philippines. Diving into the deep blue sea and swimming with whale sharks is just one of them! How about canyoneering to the Kawasan Falls? or attempting the 81 steps of Cebu's Taoist Temple. Take a peek at the past by visiting the historical Magellan's Cross, a symbol of the birth of Catholicism in the Philippines or simply, enjoy the quiet beaches of Cebu. Your pick.
- Travel itinerary
- Round-trip tickets / travel details
- Confirmed DOT Accredited Hotel/Resort Booking within the Province of Cebu
- Negative RT-PCR results 72 hours before arrival
- Travel itinerary for the duration of stay in Cebu City for the first 10 days
- JTF Covid Shield Travel Authority (Medical Certificate, Baranggay Clearance from LGU of Origin
- Confirmed Booking of Accommodation in Cebu City
- Round-trip ticket/travel details
- Authority to enter Cebu City Form
- Letter of Acceptance issued by the Lapu-Lapu City Government (if there are none, please apply at the arrival area at Mactan Airport)
- Negative RT-PCR swab test 72 hours before the date of arrival
- Confirmed booking of your hotel or accommodation establishments based in Lapu-Lapu City with DOT Certificate of Authority to Operate (CAO)
- Round-trip ticket
Walk into a culture-filled city. Ilocos is the storyteller of the Philippines ' rich history. Wander the streets of Vigan as if you've traveled back in the 16th century. As it was once the trading post of the different cultures from different countries.
- Secure a negative RT-PCR test result
- Undergo RDT test at the border upon arrival
- Pre-register in Laoag’s Stay IN Registration System
- Fill-up your Health Declaration Form at ilocosnorte.ph
- Acquire your QR code after signing up and answering the questionnaire provided
You can check out their official post on their Facebook page :
Dive in the vast Flora and Fauna of the Palawan. With countless dive sites and numerous sites to see. With its famous spot being El Nido and Coron. This ecological frontier island is teeming with wonders of varieties, from its picturesque view of sunsets to its underwater world of sea creatures.
- Negative RT-PCR swab test 48 hours before arrival
- Health declaration form
- Confirmed booking or reservation in Accommodation Establishments with Certificate of Authority to Operate (CAO)
- Valid Id (for minors, ids of guardians)
- Travel Itinerary with confirmed booking accomplished through local tour operators/travel agents with DOT-accreditation and Local Seal of Compliance (LSOC)
- Only Island Tours are allowed
- Negative RT-PCR result 48-72 hours before arrival
- Fill-up the health declaration form on Coron's official LGU website.
- Acquire QR code after signing in to their website
- Copy of your hotel and tour bookings
- Flight itinerary, including return ticket
The Surf Capital of the Philippines! An adrenaline-packed island where you can surf the waves or brave the skies by kite surfing. There are tons that you can enjoy and experience in Siargao. Deep blue waters and white sand beaches, all you adrenaline-junkies out there, this is the place for you!
- Negative results of either swab based or saliva-based RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours,
- Five days confirmed booking at an accredited accommodation or establishment with Certificate of Authority to Operate (CAO) and Provisional Certificate Authority to Operate (PCAO) by the Department of Tourism
- Acceptance letter from LGU
- Travel itinerary
- Round-trip tickets
- A copy of Provincial ePass by going to https://covid19.ssct.edu.ph/healthform
- Download the Traze app on your phone
You can check Bravo Siargao website for more details .
Tagaytay provides a breath-taking view of Mount Taal in the middle of a beautiful lake. It is the best place to get away from the metropolitan smoke and enjoy the scenery that surrounds you as you breathe in the fresh air and clear skies. The perfect get-away for you and your family.
- Domestic tourist can enter Tagaytay via Ayala Greenfields and Santa Rosa Road
- Secure a travel authority pass if you are coming from GCQ and MECQ areas
- Medical clearance certificate from city/municipality health office