The Government's COVID-19 task force approved the point-to-point air travel for leisure purposes from the NCR Plus areas to chosen destinations, the Malacañang said this Friday.
The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases "approved and adopted the Guidelines on Point-to-Point Air Travel for Leisure Purposes from the NCR Plus Areas" developed by the Department of Tourism, said Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque in a statement.
"Antayin po natin at abangan ang mga guidelines ng DOT tungkol dito pero pupuwede na po pumunta sa mga tourists spots pero point-to-point po yan," Roque said.
[Let's wait for the Guidelines of the DOT but we can now go to tourist spots though it will be through point-to-point.]
Roque affirmed that even though NCR Plus remains under the Modified Enhance Community Quarantine (MECQ), point-to-point air travel is allowed.
According to Secretary Bernadette Romulo Puyat, to operate for point-to-point air travel, the accommodation establishments in various tourist destinations are required to secure a certificate of authority.
The said establishments can secure the certificate from the DOT Regional Office along with the jurisdiction over the area.
The following are the requirements needed to secure the documents:
- Letter of Intent to operate under a Point-to-Point Travel Bubble
- Endorsement letter or approval from the Local Government Unit (LGU) with jurisdiction over the accommodation establishment that it may accommodate guests from NCR Plus
- Implementation plan or any presentation detailing the health and safety protocols implemented by the accommodation establishment from the guests' point of origin to the accommodation establishment and back (photos, traffic management plan, demarcations)
- Implementation Plan for the handling of guests and employees when they test positive or develop symptoms for COVID-19
- In case the accommodation establishment does not have a transport service of its own, a copy of its contract/s with transport service provider/s stating such transportation is for the management and/or exclusive use of the concerned accommodation establishment
Moreover, the Malay Tourism Office said that they are still waiting for the guidelines and its implementation if it is considerable for Boracay or included as one of the chosen destinations for point-to-point air travel.